Remember that resume writing is a collaborative and personalised service that cannot be automated by AI, online resume builders or even ChatGPT.
- Despite their visual appeal, online resumes are not ATS-friendly due to their complex formatting.
- Resumes written by online builders are targeted at jobseekers’ satisfaction and not potential employers’ needs.
- Due to pre-defined looks and styles, you will have less flexibility to determine & customise sections.
- Most resume-building sites provide you with a PDF copy, so you cannot make further changes or scale it up.
- There will be no human on hand to help you articulate your skills and accomplishments across your career journey.
- Online resume builders do not offer personalized advice or suggestions.
- It is challenging to customize resumes for target roles using an online resume builder.
- You use a template that is used by thousands of job seekers and losing on standing out.
- Online resume builders’ templates maybe free but the output is not customised, personalised, or optimised.
- Online resume builders get you a template and no assistance with content, especially when it comes to using numbers to highlight your accomplishments.
- Online Resume builders do not follow country specific best practices & formats.
Stay tuned and follow me for more such actionable #careerinsights
✍️ Connect with me to get a professionally built Resume, Cover Letter & LinkedIn Profile Optimised. #resumewriting #resumetips #careerfaktor #jobseekers #careercoach #jobsearchstrategy